Encyclopedia > Town Český Krumlov > Buildings in the Historical Center of Český Krumlov > Parkán Street

Parkán No. 105

Parkán no. 105, view from Parkán Street  Location:
Parkán No. 105

Description of the Building:
Two-storey building with facade covered with sgraffito blocks, and German writing dated 1585. From the facade area, which in the middle of the length jumps aside, a rizalit on an odd arcade stands out on the ground and first floors. Another arcade is repeated in the left part. Underneath the sgraffito is a preserved fragment of an older decoration, a bossage with a red outline. In the sgraffito a Rosenberg - Baden alliance emblem was made. Over it an unknown emblem was painted. It continues toward the bottom part of a painted basket with the date 1761 and initials F. H. The top part is covered by a Madonna of Kájov with St. Florián and an another saint. This painting overlaps another picture, most probably with motive of horse. Along the rear facade is a corridor. Next to the rear wing, tapering off from the facade, is a bow window on three consoles.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The oldest part of the plaster with a bossage witnesses that the middle part of the building was built before 1585, originally as separate building. In 1585 the house was reconstructed into the present appearance. A smaller adaptation on the facade took place in 1761. In the 19th century a rear wing was added. The house was repaired in 1993 - 1994.

Significant Architectural Features:
The entire building has a high architectural value. All of the rooms are barrel vaulted with sectors. Only the middle part, standing out on the first floor, has a vault without sectors on the ground floor. The staircase hall and an area upstairs on the right are arched with crest vaults.

Parkán no. 105, view from the river Parkán no. 105, view from the Vltava River

History of the House Residents:
Even though the house was most likely built before 1585, the first known the owner of the house comes from 1611, when Florián Felizides lived there. After he died his Magdalena took care of the house. In 1626 Jiří Mikeš, called Koráb, resided in the house. After he died his widow Johana occupied the house. In the period of 1637 - 1648, the house belonged to a princely rustic, Jakub Schwarz. In 1662 the house was occupied by a butcher, Václav Klampfel. After he died his widow Voršila took care of the house. Not much is known about the other owners of the house. In 1760 the house was owned by František Häussler, who left his initials on the facade. His family occupied the house until at least the 1840\'s.

Present Use:
Laibon - Tajemná čajovna,
Moldavit - Mineral and fossil store