Encyclopedia > Town Český Krumlov > Buildings in the Historical Center of Český Krumlov > Radniční Street

Radniční No. 24 Radniční no. 24, overview

Location:
Radniční No. 24

Description of the Building:
A two-storey house with a flat front, built slightly aside the street line. The layout of the ground floor is broken by a pedestrian passage broken through the building of the town hall. The floor has flat ceilings except for one section.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The house originates from the 1440s, reconstructed in the mid 16th century and later rebuilt. There was a significant change in the post-war period, when the pit was in fact removed.

History of the House Residents:
In 1646 the town council sold a part of the old town hall in Radniční street to a shoemaker Baltazar Knoll for 100 three scores of Meissen groschen. In 1652 the house already belonged to a bricklayer Antonius Bossi, who bought a free land parcel in front of the old town hall one year later from the magistrate. In 1685 a barber Jan Jindřich Mändler lived there shortly. But in 1687 a glass maker Jan Hiltz already lived in the house. From 1725 Krumlov burgesses of various professions changed in the house.

Present Use:
Offices of Český Krumlov Municipal Authority.