Encyclopedia > Town Český Krumlov > Buildings in the Historical Center of Český Krumlov > Rooseveltova Street

Rooseveltova No. 36 Rooseveltova No. 36, overview, foto: Libor Sváček

Location:
Rooseveltova No. 36

Description of the Building:
Two-storey building with flat facade, situated on a hill. Layout with flat ceiling premises. Historically and creatively not very remarkable.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The present appearance of the building comes from Classicism, the left rear wing is modern.

History of the House Residents:
The house was built around the 1650`s and Šimon Feezer was its first owner. In 1661 Matyáš Follpauer obtained the house, whom in 1684 replaced a strawcutter Urban Mates or Matušek. Until the 1704, an heiress Helena Matušková inhabited the house. During 1704 - 1777 the house belonged to the Pruner family. After that Šimon Příbil shortly appears here. Already next year, in 1778, Antonín Schütz inhabited the house. He apparently died in 1792 and since then Barbora Schützová took over the ownership of the house. Even the same year, Martin Kirsch became the owner of the house. His family lived here until 1809. After all this Jan Stecher move in, but died very early, because in 1812, the owner of the house is alleged to have been Terezie Stecherová. One year later the house changed owners again - Albert Štěpán resided here until at least the 1840`s.

Present Use:
Bed and Breakfast U Černého psa

Rooseveltova no. 36